Menu

Friday 17 April 2015

Weather Maps: A Handy Utility in WeatherMate


Sitting idly on my couch in my room, I was casually exploring the different features of the Best Weather App for iPad. The app is overloaded with such amazing features that never cease to amaze you. And it promises to offer a lot to a weather enthusiast like me. While I was rummaging through the app, I happened to find myself toying with the weather maps feature of the app. Like many of you, I haven’t quite enjoyed a lot of affinity for the weather maps because of their apparent complexities but the fluidity and smoothness in these maps somehow magically overpowered me into play with them.



Consequently, I decided to do a bit of research on what these maps could do and what sort of information could be extracted from them. Luckily, I ended up on a series of tutorials that comprehensively explained the might and capacity of the weather maps. The app allows the user to choose from a variety of maps such as standard, satellite and hybrid maps. Map layer settings enable you to get access to a wide range of information by selecting the appropriate overlays and customizing their various settings. The user can also set animation speeds, total number of frames and other relevant attributes.

What sort of information do these maps portray? The information regarding the weather conditions is quite diverse as the user can get to know about hurricanes, tornadoes, storms, active fires, sea surface temperatures, sea surface anomalies, radar detected storms along with severe weather alerts, advisories and statements. Using the pinch to zoom and other intuitive gestures, the users can explore the maps more deeply. These are some of the weather maps features that I was able to explore in my short sitting. However, I’m expecting to get a lot out of it in the time to come. The app has certainly ignited the urge to know more about weather maps and their usage in me. It’s time you tried out as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment